Last Updated: January 24, 2020
Airport Village Self Storage (AVSS) and its affiliates provide services to you subject to the following terms and conditions:
AVSS’s website, avstorage.ca allows you to reserve or rent a unit from AVSS directly. Our referral network feature on our site also provides you with the ability to reserve or potentially rent a unit from non-AVSS facilities. AVSS is not in partnership with other non-AVSS facilities within the referral network and cannot control their actions. Therefore, the terms and conditions below relate only to AVSS. Features and amenities vary by facility. Please contact the facilities directly to confirm.
Unit Information and Sizing
Actual unit sizes may vary from approximate size estimates. Please inspect any unit before renting. Unit sizes advertised do not reference net or usable space and are given for illustration purposes. Unit rates are not on a price per square foot basis and all pricing is unit-specific for each particular unit. Not yet sure about the size you need? Don't worry, online pricing discount will be honored for any move-in originating from an online reservation.
Special pricing is offered only on selected units, subject to availability and applies only to the unit fee. Other restrictions, taxes, and fees, including an administrative fee, apply. See the contract for full details. Promotions are valid for new customers only. Not available on transfers or additional units. Pricing subject to change. Reservation required to guarantee pricing. Offer has no cash value. Just mention this promotion at a participating AVSS location to see if this promo applies to your unit. Promotions, specials, and offers cannot be combined.
All pricing (standard rates as well as promotions, specials, and offers) is subject to change or termination without notice. Online pricing may be lower.
A reservation is not a User Agreement. A reservation holds your selected unit type for you, for a maximum of fourteen (14) days. Management reserves the right to cancel your reservation, or make a unit substitution, at any time before you sign a User Agreement for a unit.
Online enrollment in autopay constitutes an electronic signature, which has the same effect as a handwritten signature on a paper contract. Enrollment in autopay authorizes AVSS to automatically charge your credit card or debit your bank account, monthly, for the amount due on your bill. The amount debited will automatically increase or decrease as the rates increase or decrease in accordance with your User Agreement. To cancel your autopay, please contact your facility at the telephone number below. If there is a change to your bank or card information, including the expiration date, you must sign in to your online account or contact your facility to update your auto-pay information. AVSS is not liable for erroneous bill statements or incorrect debits or charges. However, if notified of a billing error, AVSS will correct it. If an auto-pay payment is rejected, refused, returned, disputed, or reversed by your financial institution or card issuer for any reason, AVSS may charge you a returned payment fee and/or late payment fee, and/or cancel your auto-pay enrollment. AVSS will attempt to give you a courtesy call to make other payment arrangements. However, if payment is not made, you will be subject to the default enforcement procedures stated in your User Agreement.
Your stored items are not covered by AVSS's insurance policy. You are responsible to ensure your items are covered by insurance, which can be purchased through a third-party provider, Cowan Insurance Group.
Trademarks & Copyright
AVSS is a registered trademark. All content and web design on AVSS’s website, mobile app, and other technology platforms belong to AVSS and cannot be copied or reused. Reposting our content is also prohibited without prior written permission. Similarly, content cannot be reposted or reused without prior written permission even if changes are made to the content in order to avoid copyright infringement.
Links to Other Sites
AVSS’s website may link to third party websites AVSS does not have control over. We make no representations or warranties about such third-party sites, nor do we endorse such sites or their content.
Non AVSS (Referral Network)
AVSS's website, mobile app, and any other technology platforms are provided “as is” without any representations or warranties. We are not responsible for failures, such as network connectivity or transmission failures, or technical, hardware and/or software failures.
Terms and conditions may be changed at any time without notice. Revised terms and conditions will be posted here, with the revision date noted.
AVSS is governed in accordance with the laws of British Columbia, Canada.
Use of the Website
As a condition of your use of this website, you confirm that: AVSS is that:
- You are at least 18 years of age;
- You possess the legal authority to create a binding legal obligation;
- You will use this website in accordance with this Agreement;
- You will only use this website to make legitimate self-storage unit reservation(s) for you or for another person for whom you are legally authorized to act;
- All information supplied by you on this website is true, accurate, current and complete;
- If you make a reservation or otherwise transact online with AVSS, you will safeguard your login information and will supervise and be completely responsible for login by anyone other than you. We retain the right at our sole discretion to deny anyone access to this website and the self-storage units we offer, at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to, violation of this Agreement.
Use of Mobile Site
AVSS’s mobile site is provided in the same way, for the same purposes, and under the same conditions as the website. By accessing or using the mobile site in any manner, you agree to be bound by the Agreement. If you do not accept all of these terms and conditions, please do not use the mobile site.
Use of Digital Call Records
AVSS uses technology that records incoming telephone calls. If you initiate a call to one of our tracked phone numbers, we will, at our discretion, create a digital audio recording of the telephone call. We represent and warrant that we have established proper procedures to protect the privacy of all callers in connection with call recording services, and otherwise fully comply with all applicable laws, regulations and governmental or self-regulatory guidelines. A voice alert is played at the beginning of each call to notify callers that the call will be recorded. Our use of the call recording is for quality assurance, customer service, and data tracking purposes only. If you choose to allow yourself to be recorded by continuing with the phone call after the recording notification, you expressly agree and acknowledge that:
- Our employees, contractors, officers, agents, authorized representatives or other trusted third parties may listen to a call that has been recorded on our behalf;
- Recording, transcribing, monitoring, analyzing and archiving calls may include, without limitation, reporting and archiving of personal and non-personal data related to such calls;
- You shall determine in advance, in your sole discretion without reliance on us, whether the use of the call recording is appropriate and legal for you. You may elect not to use or to cease use of the call recording.
- AVSS shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of the call recordings and their contents, including any personal information provided by you or commentary made by you.
The content and information on this website (including, but not limited to, price and availability of self-storage units), as well as the infrastructure used to provide such content and information, is proprietary to us or our suppliers and providers. While you may make limited copies of your self-storage reservation(s) and related documents for self-storage unit(s) booked through this website, you agree not to otherwise modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any information, software, products, or units obtained from or through this website.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use this website or its contents for any commercial purpose;
- Make any speculative, false, or fraudulent reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand;
- Access, monitor or copy any content or information of this website using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on this website or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to this website;
- Take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Deep-link to any portion of this website (including, without limitation, the rental path for any self-storage related information) for any purpose without our express written permission; or
- "Frame", "mirror" or otherwise incorporate any part of this website into any other website without our prior written authorization.
Supplier Rules and Restrictions
Separate terms and conditions will apply to any reservation and completed user agreement of self-storage unit(s) that you select. Please read these separate terms and conditions carefully. You agree to abide by the terms and conditions of agreements imposed by any self-storage space supplier with whom you elect to deal, including, but not limited to, payment of all amounts when due and compliance with the supplier's rules and restrictions regarding availability and use of rates, products, or units. You acknowledge that some third-party providers offering certain services and/or activities may require you to sign their liability waiver prior to participating in the service and/or activity they offer. You understand that any violation of any such supplier's rules and restrictions may result in cancellation of your reservation(s), in your being denied access to the applicable self-storage unit(s), in your forfeiting any monies paid for such reservation(s), and/or in our debiting your account for any costs we incur as a result of such violation.
If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by us infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a written notice that includes the following information:
- Clear identification of the copyrighted work you claim was infringed;
- Clear identification of the material you claim is infringing the copyrighted work, and information that will allow us to locate that material on the website, such as a link to the infringing material;
- Your contact information so that we can reply to your complaint, preferably including an email address and telephone number;
- A statement that you have a "good faith belief that the material that is claimed as copyright infringement is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law";
- A statement that "the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed";
- The notice must be signed by the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless AVSS, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of your use of the website and services, including but not limited to your violation of any representation or warranty contained in these Terms and Conditions.
We will review and address all notices that comply with the requirements above. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that you may be liable for damages if you make a false claim of copyright infringement.
Notices with respect to this website should be sent to:
Airport Village Self Storage
3525 Kel Mac Ct
Kelowna, BC V1V 0C1