Last Updated: January 24, 2020
At AVSS we want to maintain your trust, and so we want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose your information. Our customers are people – not just data! Now a word from the attorneys.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-Personally Identifiable Information is information that does not personally identify you. Non-Personally Unidentifiable Information may be derived from personally identifiable information by removing individual identities. Non-Personally Identifiable Information may also be aggregated information or information without personally identifiable information that is used in the aggregate as a statistical measure. AVSS may use and/or disclose such Non-Personally Identifiable Information for a variety of purposes. These items simply help us understand what is important to our website visitors and does not personally identify you to anyone.
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information is information that does personally identify you as an individual. Examples include your name, address, telephone number, billing information or email address. Non-Personally Identifiable Information (such as information about your activity with our services or Site, or demographic information) is characterized as Personally Identifiable Information if linked to Personally Identifiable Information that identifies you. For example, you may provide AVSS with Personally Identifiable Information when you fill out our Contact form, reserve a storage unit, enter into a rental agreement, make payments on your account, and/or apply for a job with AVSS. In general, we receive and store any Personally Identifiable Information you provide via our website.
What We Collect
We may collect the following Personally Identifiable Information:
- Profile/Account Information you provide, such as: name, address, telephone number, email address, Social Insurance Number, driver’s license number, birth date, credit card information, account number, any information required for a military discount if applicable, and any other information you choose to provide to identify yourself. Some of this information may be required, while other information is optional.
- Information you provide when posting a review or comment, sending a message to or communicating with AVSS (through any means), or participating in a contest or promotion. If a contest or promotion is co-branded or co-hosted with another entity, the collection, use, and sharing of such information may occur through AVSS or the other entity.
- Information related to your use of the Site and internet activity, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type, the device used (computer, mobile device, etc.), the device identifier if applicable, the web address visited prior to accessing the Site, and your activity on the Site.
- Information related to your interaction with AVSS emails, such as: whether you open or click on an email and whether you forwarded the email.
- Information provided from third parties (social media services, commercially available sources, or business affiliates and partners, etc.) such as your name, contact information, transaction and purchase/rental information, use of certain applications or your relationship with various products and service providers. For example, if you access or connect to AVSS through a social media platform, we may collect your user name and any information or content that the social media platform provides (profile picture, email address or contact lists, and the information you made public through the platform, etc.)
How We Collect It
Information collected by AVSS may be directly provided by you or collected passively through technologies like cookies, web beacons, pixels and clear GIFs. If enabled in your browser, cookies may be downloaded to the device you use to access the Site. They may deliver content and/or a user experience tailored to your preferences, or facilitate Site function. If you set your browser to not accept cookies (for assistance try the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar), your use of the Site may be impaired.
Web beacons, pixels, and clear GIFs are transparent image files that if allowed, provide AVSS with some of your information, such as website usage information and interaction with emails. Such technologies may be used in conjunction with cookies. AVSS may also collect cookies from Site visitors in order to utilize third-party online advertising. For more information or to opt-out from third-party advertising, visit the Network Advertising Initiative consumer opt-out page.
Why We Collect It
Information collection assists AVSS in the administration and improvement of our business and the Site. This information will only be used in direct conjunction with your account and web site needs. We will not sell or intentionally distribute Personally Identifiable Information to any sources outside AVSS other than as stated in the “Who We May Share It With“ section below.
Personally Identifiable Information may be used to:
- Provide and manage our services
- Deliver relevant content and recommendations
- Deliver relevant online advertising
- Enable social sharing functionality
- Contact you
- Protect our rights and the rights of others
- Provide you with the products and services you request;
- Respond to your questions and comments
- Measure interest in and improve our products, services, and website
- Notify you about special offers and products or services that may be of interest to you
- Otherwise, customize your experience with this Website
- Solicit information from you, including surveys; to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems
- Create and manage your account or respond to individual inquiries
- Satisfy other needs as described to you at the point of collection
Third parties, such as advertisers on the Site may also collect information from you (such as by setting cookies on your device). AVSS may not have any interaction with such information collection, nor control over such third-party passive information collection. Similarly, AVSS may also receive information from third parties about you, including Personally Identifiable Information. AVSS may combine such information with the information we collect about you, and once combined such information is subject to this Policy.
Who We May Share It With
AVSS may share or disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties such as:
- Service Providers (data storage and processing facilities, payment processing, etc.) in order to conduct AVSS's business.
- Third-party, independent storage companies you may interact with or conduct business with on the Site.
- Acquirers, successors, or assignees as appropriate in a business transaction such as a merger, acquisition, or bankruptcy.
- Other third parties as appropriate to protect our property, legal rights, and interests, or the property or rights of others, or as required by law.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when Personally Identifiable Information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information. Unless you have authorized us to do so, we will not disclose Personally Identifiable Information to third parties who may want to offer you their own products and services.
Except as provided in this Policy, this Site does not allow any other parties to collect Personally Identifiable Information about your online activities over time or across different websites when using this Site.
Accessing Your Information
You can access and update your profile information by logging into your account on the Site.
You may be able to request transactional information to be sent to you by text message. If you participate in our text message system you will be able to opt-out at any time. Contact us at the telephone number provided below if you need assistance.
Please note that given a lack of industry standards regarding "do-not-track" (DNT) signals, AVSS currently does not take action in response to these signals. In other words, if your browser transmits a DNT signal, we may continue tracking.
AVSS takes reasonable measures to protect your personally identifiable information. However, you should be aware that it is impossible to guarantee absolute security with respect to information sent through the Internet. You supply information to AVSS at your own risk, as data security measures cannot be guaranteed to be fully effective. AVSS does not guarantee that any and all safeguards that we use to protect your Personally Identifiable Information will work.
Transactions with E-Commerce Partners, Vendors, and Advertisers
AVSS International Users
This Site and any services provided by or through this Site are intended for use by users located within the Provinces of Canada. If you access this Site from outside of Canada, any Personally Identifiable Information provided by you may be transferred into Canada. By using this Site, you consent to the transfer of Personally Identifiable Information and you consent to such transfer and use of Personally Identifiable Information being governed solely by the applicable laws of Canada, which may not be as stringent as your own country or region.
Accessing, Updating or Deleting Information Collected About You
This Site also gives you the opportunity to review, modify or remove Personally Identifiable Information that you have provided to us on this Site. To the extent that such information is stored in our databases, we will respond to your changes as soon as reasonably possible. Please note that although this information will not be available on the Site after you delete it, the information may remain stored indefinitely in our backup and archival records. To the extent that such information is not stored in our databases, we cannot always ensure that these corrections or deletions will reach such other databases in a timely manner. To update, modify or remove your Personally Identifiable Information, please contact us.
You agree that AVSS is not responsible for any electronic communication and/or Personally Identifiable Information which may be lost, altered, intercepted or stored without authorization during the transmission of any data whatsoever across networks not owned or operated by AVSS. AVSS does not guarantee that your Personally Identifiable Information will not be misused or disclosed to third parties. AVSS will not have any liability to you for any such misuse or disclosure.
Please contact us with any questions or comments.
Airport Village Self Storage
3525 Kel Mac Ct
Kelowna, BC V1V 0C1